web statistics

Bule trading Forex in Indo

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yeschef, Oct 29, 2008.

1. yeschef

yeschef
    Expand Collapse

Hi. Sorry I can't speak Bahasa very well. But I hope you can help me.

I am moving to North Jakarta in December to better know my wife's family. I will be teaching English there, but I am a Forex trader in the US. I was wondering about online Forex in Indonesia. What is your technical setup? Since I can't bring my computer/monitors to Indo I have to purchase in Jakarta. Also what i s the most reliable internet provider.

I am sorry for my lack of Bahasa.

Good trading, Inshallah.

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy
    Expand Collapse

Dear yeschef,

Welcome to Indonesia. Online forex trading is a well-known activity among Indonesia's major cities' residents. Many Indonesian traders are active members of prominent forex forums. You may propose a gathering if you want to meet them. If you are planning to use laptop as your trading hardware, I recommend Indosat Broadband as your internet service provider.

Salamun alaykum,

GoodGuy

3. p373r

p373r
    Expand Collapse

Hi yeschef,

First of all, welcome to Indonesia :) Don't be worried about the language problem. We are from idForex, the agent of FXInd, we offer the services to trade forex. We can communicate in English, so we can help you when you have questions or difficulties in trading. For now, we are currently having a promotion program, in which you will be granted a HTC Touch Pro PDA if you join us, if you are interested, you can contact us via email at fxind[at]idforex[dot]com.

For your concern about buying a computer for trading, it is basically up to your trading habits. If you are trading at home mostly, maybe a desktop computer should be OK, but if you are mobile, I think a notebook will come handy. And about the internet connection, you may try Telkom Speedy or Fastnet, I think both are reliable enough.

If you have any further concern about forex trading, don't hesitate to contact us, we will gladly help you.

Regards,
    idForex.com

4. yeschef

yeschef
    Expand Collapse

Forex Trading Rooms?

I was also wondering if they have Forex daytrading arcades in Jakarta? Someplace where I could rent a desk? I dont know much about the internet situation in Indo, but my wife says that it is not always online, so perhaps a trading room with multiple internet connection (T1, etc), trading computer, etc. would make more sense.

Thank you very much.

Yeschef

5. GoodGuy

GoodGuy
    Expand Collapse

You may consider renting an office at CBD in Jakarta.

6. white_tiger

white_tiger
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

internet situation in indo is good enough for trading, it is not as bad as you think.

7. joesoefkalla

joesoefkalla
    Expand Collapse

You can use FastNet at home, only $10 a month...
    Quite cheap...

But you still have to buy a modem first... $50... :-"

8. terow

terow
    Expand Collapse

hi sir.. welcome to Indonesia =)

9. medangold

medangold
    Expand Collapse

It is a good idea to have a special room with good internet connection. Since your destination is Jakarta, I think you can try to rent some room or house (since you come with your wife) and later on you can install an internet connection. The internet connection is quite cheap and it takes only 1 - 2 days to complete.

Well, if you have any problem, You can ask for a contact number with our member here. Maybe someone can help you to find a good house for rent and to help you installing the internet connection.

Hope it will help.